Noticeable results, no surgery, and no recovery time – discover the benefits of Botox® at our practice.
There are many different reasons that patients choose to receive Botox treatment, from wanting to remove fine lines and wrinkles to treating more severe conditions such as TMJ and chronic migraines. Botox can relieve any of the symptoms that make you feel less confident, and help you achieve a more youthful, radiant appearance.
How does Botox work?
Botox uses a special protein to block overactive nerve impulses, restricting muscle contractions. In doing so, Botox helps to relax the muscles beneath the skin eliminating any pain due to the muscle contraction; moreover, any fine lines and wrinkles become less visible, giving the skin a healthy, more youthful appearance.
Botox is used to relieve symptoms of TMD and clenching/grinding by:
- Decrease in muscle pain, in teeth sensitivity, in clenching intensity, clenching duration and in number of episodes
Therefore Botox therapy helps the implants integrate fasterwhen patients had implants placed recently and also helps to speed up the orthodontic ( Invisalign, Braces) treatment in patients that grind/clench a lot.
- Does not affect the chewing function
Botox also helps to relieve Muscle Tension Headaches.
Muscle Tension Headaches
- are the most common of all headache types
- afflicts 75% of all headache sufferers
- 90% of all adults have had at least one tensions headache per week.
Depending on each individual case, the results can last between one and six months. Treatment is temporary, and once the Botox begins to wear off, the skin will return to the way it looked before treatment.
What is Botox Cosmetic?
Botox is a medication that can only be prescribed to you by a healthcare professional. It is used as a temporary treatment for patients between the ages of 18 and 65. Botox treatments are quick and comfortable, and within hours you will begin to notice a difference in the way your skin looks and feels.
Am I a good candidate for Botox?
Botox may or may not be the right treatment for you. The best candidates for treatment with Botox are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 65
- Diagnosed with, and experiencing discomfort from, TMJ
- Concerned with removing wrinkles and fine lines
- Looking for a non-surgical skin treatment
- Aware that Botox results are temporary
- In good physical and psychological health
- Willing to discuss their concerns and desires with their dentist before treatment
If you feel that you are a good candidate for a Botox treatment, and are interested in learning more, please contact our practice to schedule a free consultation. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.